Chapter Five Be Joyful
“But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet.” I Thessalonians 5:8
Questions to Ponder (Reflect, Ask and Respond)
• Who are the leaders in your life who have encouraged you or taught you the Word of God? In what ways have you (and should you have) acknowledged them?
• Read and re-read verses 16-18. What does this mean to you? What will you do to embrace these instructions?
• What is our responsibility to those who are idle and disruptive? To those who are weak or disheartened? (v 14)
• Why do you think it’s important to be patient with everyone? Why do you think the recurring instruction to walk in peace so important?
• We are reminded in verse 23 that we are spirits with souls in a body. What does this mean to you?
• How do we quench the Spirit? How are we to discern what is the truth?
This Week: Take time to re-read the entire book and think about what’s happening in our world today and how God expects believers to live despite the circumstances of our environment. Use it a guideline for how to pray effectively. Finally, thank God for the help of Holy Spirit to lead us and guide us so that we live a life that is pleasing to God.
Thank you for reading this book with us. Please gather your friends and join us again next month!